Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm talking to myself, don't eavesdrop.

It's late, so this'll be short.

Did you ever hope for the best, but deep down expect the worst? I bet you have. Human nature, at times. Sometimes, in those cases, when the worst is what we get, we're sad, but not remotely surprised. Ya know?

Yeah, woe is me.

Blame in on the Cubs fandom, if you will.

No one would blame me for doing this as a sports fan. I mean, it's the Cubs. 103 years? Yeah. That's 3.96 of my lifetimes. But...why do I do this in real life? It doesn't help anything. Still, can't help it.

I've been doing it lately, and if I'm being honest, it scares the bejesus out of me.

I could very possibly be in the midst of experiencing 'the worst' of a current situation. Which would suck, because I (like a Cubs fan does) had gotten my hopes up. Then again, I could be overreacting because of past experiences. Either way, I feel like my reaction is justified. Or maybe it's not. I tend to rationalize. Which is what people tend to do when they're wrong.

So to whom it may concern, let me apologize for that.

Time to stop talking to myself and get some sleep.
Hoping to dig deep to find the motivation to run in the AM.

Final thought:
No matter how bad a situation gets, a good enough pitch(er) always gives you a chance. 

Cheers,
Derrick

No comments:

Post a Comment